Manager Software Engineering | Etihad Airways Jobs 2021
Manager Software Engineering
Job: Full Time
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading software engineering capabilities around core technologies used within the organisation The purpose of this role is to build strategic software engineering capabilities and increase time-to-market substantially to develop and maintain key systems This role will be a technical leader as well as a people leader within the Software Engineering Community Practice (CoP) to manage and oversee the design and development of software applications
- Manage a team of software engineers to build new software features and explore new ways of achieving business objectives
- The Senior Software Engineer will run the CoP / CoE, delivering services, best practice standards, policies and procedures and directing the work of engineers
- They will support both Agile and Waterfall delivery models for the delivery of solutions i.e. CoP model for Agile Release Trains in Value Streams and specific CoE delivery services for enabling Value Streams and the Business
- Develop and lead high performing software engineering Community of Practice centred around technology solutions that deliver value faster, cheaper and with consistently high quality whilst reducing the dependency on external suppliers
- Develop and maintain coding standards and development processes in line with the DTI strategy and leading best practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree is mandatory. Master’s degree would be a strong advantage
- 10+ years of experience in software development, including full product/ development lifecycle in a leadership role
- Experience of working in a Scaled Agile environment, applying agile and/or scrum and DevOps as a way of working to deliver technology products is essential
- Have a track record within several large-scale IT programs, taking ownership of the software design and development activities and outputs is essential
- Knowledge of modern architecture and latest open source technologies: Microservices, Docker, AngularJS, Node.js, Java, Python etc.
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, Automation, Testing, Tooling and Application Performance Management.
- Strong analytical skills, conceptual thinking and pragmatic approach
- Deep software engineering skills with specialism in one or more enterprise technologies e.g. web development, SAP, Microsoft Power Platform, Automation (RPA etc.)
For more details, please scroll down & see the details.
UAE – Etihad Airways
|Title||Manager Software Engineering | Etihad Airways Jobs 2021|
|Hiring Organization||Etihad Airways|
|Job Location||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
Browse ALL JOBS, You might be interested in one or check Jobs by following categories
Jobs By Country
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Apply for Middle East (Saudi Arabia , UAE , QATAR , OMAN , KUWAIT and BAHRAIN) Jobs with Overseas Employments Promoters.
- Visit Careershive.com We bring you the most legit Jobs from Overseas Employments Promoters that are approved from Govt of Canada
Search for your favorite Country and Niche
- Still Need Help? Contact CareersHive and we will take care moving forward.
To get latest job updates by email please enter your details below
*This Jobs was Originally Posted on Etihad Airways Jobs Site..